It's important to get to know your adviser early on and make the best use of your time together. He or she can help you determine course requirements for your major and can assist with identifying internship and career opportunities. You can also learn from your adviser which student organizations and activities might be a good match for you. And don't forget to use your adviser as a reference when it's time to begin your job search.
LionPATH is Penn State's web-based service for real-time access to your academic and financial records.
Communicate with your adviser when...
- you have questions about the Animal Sciences major or the College of Agricultural Sciences
- you're planning your courses for upcoming semesters
- you're planning for your career
- you need information on internship, part-time employment, and career opportunities
- you're having trouble with one or more courses, or circumstances are preventing you from attending classes or focusing on coursework
- you're looking for research experience