Dedicated on May 19, 1994, the new $6 million Poultry Education and Research Center replaced the old research farm that was built in the 1930s and expanded in the 1950s.
Research Building (P-1)
- Conference/classroom, environmental chambers, hatchery, feed mixing area, battery rooms, surgical suite, laboratory, student housing, and office
Meat Bird Building (P-2)
- Four wings with 24 research pens each, and laboratory
Pullet Building (P-3)
- Ten floor/battery rooms, large pullet cage rearing room, feed mixing and storage area, and laboratory
Cage Layer/Market Turkey Building (P-4)
- Six floor/battery rooms, cage layer room (capacity 3,000 hens), egg storage area, egg analysis and processing center and laboratory, and 24 floor pens for market turkeys
Breeder Building (P-5)
- Large cage room for male and female breeders, observational floor pens, egg cooler, and records laboratory
Processing Building (P-6)
- Slaughter and evisceration rooms, walk-in cooler and freezer, laboratory, shop, and garage.The center has its own diesel-powered electrical generator for emergencies.
For More Information
Contact Dirk Wise, Manager, Poultry Education & Research Center