Listed below are some of these facilities:
- The feed center is comprised of uprights silos, feed bins, and bunker silos.
- The tie stall barn houses 60 cows.
- The heifer free stall barn houses between 20-30 lactating cows and houses heifers ranging in age from 6 months to past breeding age.
- The parlor milk cow free stall barn houses 120 lactating cows.
- The B-Barn houses springing heifers.
- The C-Barn houses dry cows.
- The Intensive Research Barn can house 8 heifers and 8 cows and is used for research requiring intensive sampling.
- The Calf barn houses calves from birth to 6 months.
For more information
Contact: Nadine Houck (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Travis Edwards (email@example.com)
Standard Operating Procedures for the Penn State Dairy Barns.