Meat Science and Muscle Foods
Weekly Penn State Meat Sale
Every Friday during the Spring and Fall Semesters, the Penn State Meats Lab holds a meat sale from 9:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m . (or until items are sold out!) . Items for sale include Penn State-made summer sausage, snack sticks and scrapple, and fresh pork, beef, and lamb. The sale is open to the public.
- For a price list and more information, visit the Penn State Meats Lab.
- American Association of Meat Processors
- American Meat Institute
- American Meat Science Association
American Veal Association
- National Cattlemen's Beef Association
National Pork Board
- Niche Meat Processors Assistance Network (NMPAN)
- PennAg Industries Association
- Pennsylvania Beef Council
- Safe Food, Inc.
- Sustainable Meat Industry
- USDA Agricultural Marketing Service
- USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service
Meat Science Fact Sheets
Thawing at Ambient Temperature on the Counter
- Meat Display Lighting Facts - PDF
- Meat Cut Yield - The Butcher Kept Your Meat? - PDF
- Meat Irradiation - PDF
- Beef Grading
- Pork Fact Sheets