Nancy A. Dreschel
- Ph.D., Biobehavioral Health, The Pennsylvania State University, 2007.
- D.V.M., Cornell University, New York State College of Veterinary Medicine, 1989.
- B.S., Animal Science, Cornell University, 1986
- Animal Behavior
- Veterinary Medicine
- Human-Animal Interactions
On-line teaching and learning
- An Sc 215 Pets in Society (On-line and Residence)
- An Sc 305 Companion Animal Nutrition and Management
- An Sc 405 Advanced Canine Nutrition and Management
An Sc 415 Companion Animal Behavior
- Instructor, Small Animal Sciences, Department of Dairy and Animal Science, Penn State University 2004- Present
- Project Coordinator, Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant, Department of Biobehavioral Health, Penn State University 1999- 2004
Small Animal and Mixed Practice Veterinarian 1989- 2004
- Hekman, J.P., Karas, A.Z., Dreschel, N.A. (2012) Salivary cortisol concentrations and behavior in a population of healthy dogs hospitalized for elective procedures. Applied Animal Behaviour Science, 141:149-157.
- Dreschel, N.A.
The effects of fear and anxiety on health and lifespan in pet dogs. Applied Animal Behaviour Science, 125 (2010): 157-162.
- Vanderman, K.S., Dreschel, N.A. , Swinker, A.M., Kniffen, D.M., Radharakrishna, R.B., Werner, J.R., Jedrzejewski, E.A. Equine Veterinarians' and Health Care Professionals' Concerns Related to the Implementation of the National Equine Identification System. Journal of Equine Veterinary Science, 29 (2009): 823-827.
- Dreschel, N.A. & Granger, D.A. Methods of collection for salivary cortisol measurement in dogs. Hormones and Behavior, 55 (2009): 163-168.
- Dreschel, N.A. & Granger, D.A. Physiological and behavioral reactivity to stress in thunderstorm-phobic dogs and their caregivers. Applied Animal Behaviour Science, 95 (2005): 153-168.
- Granger, D. A., Dreschel, N. A. , & Shirtcliff, E. A. Developmental Psychoneuroimmunology: The Role of Cytokine Network Activation in the Epigenesis of Developmental Psychopathology. In D. Cicchetti & E. Walker (eds). Neurodevelopmental mechanisms in the genesis and epigenesis of psychopathology. Cambridge University Press: New York. (2003)
- Hood, Kathryn E., Dreschel, Nancy A. , Granger, Douglas A.. Maternal Behavior Changes after Immune Challenge of Neonates with Developmental Effects on Adult Social Behavior. Developmental Psychobiology, 42 (2003):17-34.