Michael L. O'Connor
- Ph.D., Animal Science, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, 1979
- M.S., Dairy Science, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, 1974
- B.S., Animal Science, University of Rhode Island, 1969
Focus and Interests
Provide instruction to undergraduate students on topics related to reproductive management in Dairy Production.
Provide assistance to various dairy industry organizations.
- Produce educational materials on the topic of reproductive management .
- Conduct reproductive management workshops and seminars for dairy producers, AI personnel and veterinarians.
- Provide in-service training for Extension professionals.
- Plan and conduct specific educational events for dairy youth.
Coordinate planning of regional and state dairy management conferences.
- U.S. Army Officer-Field Artillery 1969-1971
- Penn State University Assistant Professor 1979-1985
- Penn State University Associate Professor 1985-1991
- Penn State University Professor, Dairy Science 1991-Present
- Washington State University Sabbatical Leave 1994-1995
Teaching Experience - teach portions of the following courses
- Animal Science 310 - Principles of Dairy Production
- Animal Science 410 - Advanced Dairy Management
- Animal Science 350 - Problem Solving In Dairy Management
Animal Science 7100 DHI Record Analysis Training: on-line course available worldwide