Animal Science News
September 26, 2014Horses for the Nittany Classic were prepared and shown primarily by students.
Penn State Block & Bridle Club Begins Fall Activities
September 26, 2014Thirty new initiates bring club's total membership to 130 students, and members have full agenda for fall semester.
September 26, 2014Joshua Cassar was one of four students in the country to receive a scholarship from the National Poultry & Food Distributors Association.
"Crops to Cow" Program to Examine Cropping Strategies for Maximum Profitability
September 26, 2014Penn State Extension Dairy Team offers producer program on November 11 that explains crucial role cropping plays in the dairy operation.
Penn State Extension Dairy Team Assists with Estimating Herd Dynamics
September 24, 2014PSU Herd Metrics App now available; Will assist with estimating annual heifer needs and heifer production.
- Animal and Veterinary Science faculty teach an international group of dairy professionals
- Animal Science Student Recognized for Poster
- Department Highlights
- Department of Animal Science - An Update!
- Graduate Student Recognized with Pinnacle Award
- Hristov Participates in World Bank Forum in Washington, D.C.
- Hristov Recognized by the Journal of Dairy Science
- Kamat Places Third in 29th Annual University-wide Graduate Exhibition
- Penn State dairy faculty train international dairy professionals
2014 Prospective Student Open House
October 22-23, 2014
8th Annual Animal Science Alumni Tailgate
November 1, 2014
2014 Dairy Science Distinguished Alumnus Award Reception
November 7, 2014
Nittany Lion Fall Classic
November 8, 2014
Upcoming Animal Science Seminars
Joonpyo Oh: Physiological Effects of Phytochemicals in Ruminants
October 2, 2014
Aaron Montani: "The chicken model of ovarian cancer: Identification of a novel TP53 isoform"
October 3, 2014
Tad Sonstegard: Applied Genomics in Livestock: Finding Variants with Major Effects on Fertility and Heat Stress
October 16, 2014