- College of Ag Sciences Career Services
- Penn State Career Services
- Animal Science Careers
- Equine Career Resources
- Companion Animal Career Resources
- Penn State Career Days attracts nearly 500 employers. Held annually each fall, this event is cosponsored by Penn State Career Services and several Penn State colleges, including the College of Agricultural Sciences. In addition, the College of Agricultural Sciences Alumni Society and Alpha Gamma Rho, the agricultural fraternity, provide support for this event.
- The Network of Agricultural Cooperation is a group of about 140 alumni who volunteer to help students in the College of Agricultural Sciences find appropriate employment. Penn State Extension agents throughout the state, faculty, researchers, and nearly 200 Pennsylvania agricultural organizations can offer advice and can often identify specific job opportunities. For more information, contact Career Services, 814-865-2377, 403 A Boucke Building. Career counselors also are available daily to see students on a walk-in basis.
Courses on Careers
AN SC 290W , Careers in Animal Agriculture, is an academic course on careers, summer work experiences, and entry-level employment opportunities available to students interested in the animal sciences.
AG 100 , Job Placement Skills and Strategies, is a one-credit course to help students interested in agriculture-related careers identify career and life goals and implement career decisions.
Alumni Career Spotlight
- Zookeeping as a career (Holly and Laura Balok '97 graduates in Dairy and Animal Science, zookeepers at Indianapolis Zoo)