Penn State Extension Dairy Team Offers Fall Educational Meetings
Posted: October 30, 2012
A wide variety of educational programs for dairy producers have been scheduled for November, including webinars, workshops and Women in Dairy, the day-long seminar designed specifically for women by women.
Sponsored by the Penn State Extension Dairy Team, they all offer learning opportunities that help participants maximize profitability through the latest in technology and research.
Mark your calendars for the following:
* November 6 and 8: Show Me the Money, Phone Conference Call Series - Make Your Team Meetings Count! Registration free, but advance registration is required.
* November 7: Women in Dairy 2012, Best Western Premier, 800 East Park Drive, Harrisburg, 9:00 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
* November 12: Feed Management Planner Certification, Holiday Inn Grantville, 604 Station Road, Grantville, 1-5 p.m. Cost - $45 per person.
* November 16: Friday Facilitator Forum, Online Webinar Series - Dealing Effectively with Difficult Team Members, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. Registration free, but advance registration is required.
* November 5, 12, 19: Dairy Data Analysis Tools, Online Webinar Series: Nov. 5 Somatic cell analysis; Nov. 12 Fat-to-protein ratio analysis; Nov. 19 Milk Yield Analysis, 10 to 11:30 a.m. Registration is required no later than noon the day preceding the session: Cost - $20 per session.
* November 20: Technology Tuesdays, Online Webinar Series - What Manure System Meets Your Needs? 8:30 to 10:00 a.m. Registration free, but advance registration is required.
* November 20: Dairy Obstetrics and Calf Sense, Edgewood Restaurant, 565 Elmira Street, Troy, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Cost: $50 per person
Details on these meetings and other offerings by the Penn State Extension Dairy Team can be found at www.extension.psu.edu/animals/dairy or by calling 888-373-7232.