Student IT Employee Sought in the Department of Dairy and Animal Science
Posted: September 2, 2008
is seeking a student IT employee to begin asap. The student will participate in a variety of projects on both Windows and Unix/Linux. He or she should have an IT background, or be interested in pursuing a career in IT, and should have knowledge of basic Windows troubleshooting. Good interpersonal and communications skills and have a willingness to learn new technologies is a must. Knowledge of Unix/Linux a plus.
Projects and responsibilities include:
- Providing user support for faculty and staff
- Assisting the IT group with hardware setup and software installation
- Assisting the Web administrator with installing, configuring, and troubleshooting various software packages on Ubuntu Linux and Apache Web Server.
- Documenting processes and procedures
- Researching new technologies and solutions
- Assisting with Web site maintenance, gaining expertise in current Web standards and Web best practices