Equipment, Supplies & Transportation
Description: Many types and pieces of equipment are required for the various segments of the equine industry. From saddles and bridles to starting gates, jumps and modes of transportation, the list is great. Because of stylish aspects of many pieces of equipment, opportunities for specialization in the restoration of older pieces of equipment also exist.
Proximity to Horses: Variable
Specific careers related to equipment & supplies:
- Antique restoration and collection
- Clinicians: demonstrate the use of the products
- Design and manufacturing
- Sales: may be either direct or through trade shows
- Specialized planes, trucks, vans, trailers, and support equipment for recreational or commercial travel
Preparation Required: Some positions in this group require highly specialized training such engineering degrees, while others may be a result of simply learning and practicing a trade to gain experience.
- Saddle and Tack Warehouse - http://www.saddleandtackwarehouse.com/product-listing.asp?category_id=218
- Choosing, Assembling and Using Bridles, August 2002, University of Missouri Extension - http://extension.missouri.edu/explore/agguides/ansci/g02845.htm
- Classic Equine Equipment - http://www.classic-equine.com/
- Air Equine Shipping Services - http://www.airequine.net/introduction.htm
Links do not indicate endorsement of the site or related organizations, but are provided as a starting point for the user in determining credibility and relevance for their purposes.