Why Major in Animal Science?
Reasons why a student should major in Animal Science at Penn State.
- You can enjoy all the opportunities of attending one
of the Big Ten universities while studying in a close-knit,
- Depending on your interests, you may choose a Science or a Business/Management emphasis.
- You can take courses in Animal Biotechnology and Companion Animal Science.
- Opportunities are available for international study tours and Study Abroad Programs.
- You can work at University farms.
- You can do your own research projects.
- You can get work experience in wide array of internships and externships.
- You can join clubs and teams such as Block and Bridle; the Dairy Science
Club; the Poultry Science Club; the Equestrian Team; and Dairy,
Livestock, Horse, and Poultry Judging Teams
- You can prepare for veterinary or graduate school.
- More than $100,000 in scholarships are awarded annually.
- You will get individual attention from caring faculty and advisers.
- You can enhance your education by taking a minor such as Equine Science,
Agribusiness Management, Poultry and Avian Science, or Biology.
- You would like to attend veterinary school
- You would like a career in research relating to and/or using animals.
- You would like to manage a farm or business related to animal agriculture.
- You like to work with people in addition to animals and may be interested
in a career in technical sales or service, cooperative extension, or
the promotions industry.