2010 Manure Expo: Balancing Production and Conservation
Sponsored by Penn State's College of Agricultural Sciences, the 2010 Manure Expo took place at the Rock Springs Ag Progress Days site on July 15, 2010 .
Manure Expo Recap
- 55 attended Chesapeake Manure Summit
- 22 educational sessions
- 30 speakers from 9 states and Washington DC
- 59 exhibitors
- 22 equipment demonstrations
Manure Expo 2010 Follow-up
Miss this year's manure expo? Here are a few recordings of lectures that were given:
- Please review the show guide which will appear in the upcoming issue of Manure Manager Magazine
contains the most recent event schedule on pages 8 and 9
The Expo combines four attractions into one event
- Industry trade show
- Manure technology demonstrations
- Educational events including continuing education for certified haulers
Central Pennsylvania is rich in agricultural production.
The event location is accessible with a 1-day driving trip from PA, NY, MD,
VA, DE, WV, NJ, OH – states with over 1.6 million milking cows.
NY and PA are ranked 3 and 5 nationally in dairy production, respectively.
PA has 8,500 dairies and 550,000 milking cows.
About 4,200,000 hogs are marketing annually from PA farms.
PA ranks 2nd nationally in number of poultry farms with 9,423 farms.
- The Manure Expo is an annual national event.
- Pennsylvania is the 6th host state.
- This is the 8th Expo; previously the event was hosted by Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio, and Iowa.
Future Manure Expo Sites
- 2011 Nebraska