Kenneth B. Kephart
- 1970-1973 Indiana University of Pennsylvania Chemistry Major
- 1975 Pennsylvania State University B.S. Animal Industries 1980 Pennsylvania State University M.S. Animal Industries/Reproductive Physiology
- 1983 Pennsylvania State University Ph.D. Animal Industries/Animal Nutrition
- 1978-1983 Graduate Assistant Department of Dairy and Animal Science, Penn State University, University Park, PA
- 1983-1985 Extension Livestock Specialist University of Delaware, Georgetown, DE
- 1985-present Professor Department of Dairy and Animal Science, Penn State University, University Park, PA(Assist. ‘85-‘91; Assoc. ‘91-’00)
- Funding for Second Senior Extension Associate 1998 to date New position provides support and coordination of environmental programs, including the National Pork Producers’ On Farm Odor and Environmental Assistance program, and a program to evaluate potential swine production sites for odor risk. Funding was secured from National and PA Pork Producers Councils.
- Funding for Second Senior Extension Associate 2000 to date New position provides leadership for delivery of the Livestock Environmental Certification Course and the Manure Haulers Certification Course. Funding was secured from the Pennsylvania State Conservation Commission.
- Interaction with the Public, Government Agencies, and Municipal Officials Since 1996, have met directly with at least 30 agencies to discuss regulatory options, to provide written comment on the suitability of various hog production sites, and to respond to general requests for information or regulatory issues, odor control, water usage and manure output. Have also spoken at more than a dozen public meetings (approximately 1000 attendees) to describe modern pork production.
- Inservice Training and Technical Support for Ag Educators With financial support from the PA Pork and Beef Councils, initiated a program in the 2001/2002 School year to provide inservice training and technical support for Pennsylvania’s ag teachers. Workshops included meat processing, quality assurance, environmental stewardship, and agri-science projects. Adoption rate by participating school districts in the first year was near 100%.
- Pollution Prevention Strategies 1997 Senior author in a 62-page booklet written for the National Pork Producers Council (NPPC)
- Livestock Environmental Awareness Course 1992 Now a required component of the Pennsylvania Environmental Agricultural Conservation Certification of Excellence (PEACCE).
- Assistance Provided To Packers in the Development of Grading Programs 1988 Hatfield Quality Meats (Fat-O-Meat’er Optical Probe) 1992 Leidy's Inc (Hennessy Optical Probe) 1997 (Autofom Ultrasound)
- Membership in Professional Societies and Service to the Industry American Society of Animal Science
- Gamma Sigma Delta, Alpha Zeta, Epsilon Sigma Phi
- National Pork Board – Swine Educators Advisory Group