Graduate Student News
Posted: June 15, 2009
- Heather Burley, an Animal Science graduate student, defended her M.S. thesis in April. The title of her thesis was " Effects of Reduced Crude Protein, Amino Acid Balanced Diets On Performance, Economics, and Ammonia Emission In A Large-Scale Commercial Laying Hen Flock". Heather will stay on as a Ph.D. student in the program.
- Daniel Rico, graduate student of Gabriella Varga, defended his M.S. thesis, "The Use of Glycerin From Biodiesel Production in Diets for Dairy Cows" in April.
- Donna (Sage) Clark, an advisee of Troy Ott, successfully defended her M.S. thesis in January before joining the J.R. Simplot Co. in Idaho.
- Karen Racicot, advisee of Troy Ott, successfully defended her Ph.D. dissertation in May.
- Six new graduate students are expected to join the Animal Science program this fall.