The First Old West Dairy Barn (1857) at Penn State
The first Old West dairy barn (1857) included housing
for both dairy cows and swine plus a creamery. The
shacks in foreground included laundry, cook house,
mess hall and dormitory for students and workers
while Old Main was being built. These buildings were
located behind the present Old Main and where
Carnegie Building is located.