4-H Market Steer Project
- Cover and Table of Contents
- Part 1: Getting Started
- Part 2: Knowledge and Skills Checklist
- Part 3: Background Information
- Part 4: Breeds of Beef Cattle
- Part 5: Selecting Project Animals
- Part 6: Caring for Your Steer
- Part 7: Observing Steer Behavior
- Part 8: Keeping Steers Healthy
- Part 9: Beef Quality Assurance
- Part 10: The Roundup
- Part 11: Keeping 4-H Records
- Part 12: Beef and By-Products
- Part 13: Market Steer Management Schedule
- Appendices and End Pages
The 4-H Market Steer Project teaches most of the things youth will need to know to raise a 4-H market steer. Youth should complete six activities per year.
Twelve activities are required and should be completed in the first two years of the project.
After the first two years, six activities should be selected from either the suggested activities list of this book, or from the 4-H Skills for Life series, if the county uses them.